In the present day world of an extremely competitive online market, It is essential for your business to align its web development with SEO. Web development and SEO go hand in hand, and ideally, they should assist each other equally in order to carry out your business’s online marketing strategy. Before we discuss how web development and SEO work together, let us first talk about what happens if they do not work together.
Let’s say, you have a great website but a bad SEO – This problem is faced by a lot of businesses. They spend a lot of money on a good website, launch it to the public and nothing happens. Having a good website with bad SEO is like opening a restaurant in a deserted place. Nobody knows about it other than the people who already know about your company, but it will not be visible to anyone searching for products or services related to your business. To fix this you can make use of the best digital marketing agency to up grow your online presence.
Now, what if you have good SEO but a bad website – This problem is faced by companies who have been running their business for a long time and have not updated their websites regularly, out of the two this is something that will damage your brand image. Think from a user perspective, looking at a website that takes too long to load, looks outdated, and is not user friendly will seem unprofessional and it will damage your brand image. You can easily overcome by getting your website designed from a professional web development company.
Good web development and great SEO! – Finally, when good web development and great SEO come together, there is a high chance for your business to achieve business goals by driving more traffic, getting more leads, and turning them into customers. Having good SEO will make sure to display your business when customers search for your products or services and this will in turn lead to more traffic to your website and a well functioning and user-friendly website will help to attract customers and drive them into purchasing your products or utilizing your services.
Once you have got both SEO and web development working together, you need to make sure to post creative and good content, and always look for more ways to increase your customers’ experience on your website.
Here are 5 easy and best practices to align web development with SEO
- Title tags – Title tags are the HTML elements used to specify the titles of your web pages. Title tags help to tell your website visitors and search engines what your web page is about in a short way. They are essential to increase the click-through rate. Your title tag is the first thing that a potential customer will look at so it is important to make sure your title tag is unique, attractive, and to the point. Also, don’t forget that google and other search engines look at your title tag to know about the products or services you offer. It is essential to use your keywords in your title tags to make sure you show up on the search results page when someone searches for the products or services you offer. Write unique title tags so that you stand out from your competitors.
- Make your website user- friendly – Having a user-friendly website attracts your customers and helps to retain your old customers. If your website is user-friendly customers tend to spend more time browsing through your website which will highly reduce your bounce rate to a great extent and they will also recommend your website to others. Creating different categories for the products and services that you offer which are easy to navigate and also have relevant information on your website helps to make your website more user friendly. If your bounce rate is low then search engines will recommend your website more often on the search results page. You can hire a professional web development company to make your website more user-friendly.
- Use a short and descriptive URL – The URL of your web pages need to be short and brief. A short URL is easy to type and read, the lesser the words the more value each and every word receives from the search engine crawler. If your URL contains more than 80 words then it will have a negative impact on your webpage. To make sure your URL is SEO friendly, they should be clearly named for what they are and contain no spaces, underscores, or other characters. You should avoid the use of parameters when possible, as they make URLs less inviting for users to click or share.
- Ensure That Your Pages Load Fast – No one would want to visit a website that takes forever to load. For this reason, page speed has been a ranking factor for desktops since 2010, and mobiles since 2018. Many factors influence page speed, like code, location of the server, and images on the site. By using certain tools, you may get an underlying sense of how your pages perform on mobile and desktops and how long they take to load. Only put in a URL and you can see a score of 0–100 accompanied by suggestions for change. You have to keep monitoring your page speed very often to keep track of loading time and if there is a problem it needs immediate fixing otherwise it would cause damage to your brand image and you can lose potential customers.
- Optimize for mobile – The number of people browsing on mobile phones has been constantly rising in recent times, and according to recent statistics more than 60% of searches are made using a mobile phone, due to this before you launch a website you must make sure to give enough attention to mobile optimization of your website. Moreover, Google also gives importance to those websites in its search results page which are mobile optimized. For this reason, Google has also introduced a new ranking factor under the name of ‘Mobile-First Index’. To optimize your website for mobile devices, you need to create a responsive design of the website. The responsive design of the website means that your website should fit equally well on all the devices. Making a responsive website may be a complex task and it is important to hire a web development company to make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
Conclusion – SEO is not only about the keywords. Yes, keywords do matter for SEO, but Google is smarter than that. The design of your website, User experience, and the on-site optimization of your website all of them play a huge role as to how your website performs on search engines. Miraki Technologies is a web development company in Hyderabad and a Digital Marketing company in Hyderabad. Our team at Miraki technologies has a great deal of industrial experience in website design. Our experts bring a vibrant experience to you and to the audience. We always try to look different from the horde. UI / UX design encompasses a number of important elements including color, layout, and graphical appearance. Our team works on these elements and provides a professional look to your website. We ensure you provide the best design which will give you an engaging audience while also making your websites user-friendly, mobile-friendly, and SEO-friendly.